Secondary 4: Championing O-Level
Targeted exam-based practice of all four English papers is the hallmark of our Secondary-4 classes. With limited time at our disposal and a multitude of topics and writing tasks to hone, the classes are compactly structured to regularly practise Reading-Comprehension, Writing tasks, Vocabulary and Editing questions. Our study material is tailored as per the MOE examination standards. Some of the salient features of our English classes are:
- Holistic Approach and a Comprehensive Study Material: One of the most crucial aspects of our English classes is the study material that its thematically crafted to allow students to:
1. Regularly practise Comprehension, Situational Writing and Composition Writing Tasks in every module.
2. Each module is built around a pertinent topic, which helps students develop ideas that find expression in Composition Writing tasks.
3. Thematically structured study material helps in acquiring appropriate vocabulary to be used in the right context.
- Situational & Composition Writing Tasks: Our students practise the entire gamut of Situational and Composition Writing tasks to enable our students master all writing techniques. Planning and Structuring one’s writing is an essential component of our students’ training.
- Reading & Visual Comprehension Tasks: Comprehending the texts and appreciating the language/visuals used is essential to scoring well in Comprehension-based tasks. Students are given insightful tips and extensive practice to understand the depths of the questions asked and then answer appropriately as per the marks of the given question.
- Oral & Listening Comprehension Papers: Exam-oriented practice of both the Oral and Listening Examinations is carried out to give our students enough exposure and practise. Often these two crucial papers are neglected by most students. We ensure that our students are exam ready in all the four papers.